Lets start Blogging!! A blog for our family.
We had 'Yahoo group', then 'Orkut' for some time and why not try Blogging. As there is a saying " The only constant is change", it is time to change.
I have already talked about this to few of you guys, hope everyone is ready to contribute. So our blog is going to be a team blog (http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41440). I think blogger is a good website to have our blog. Amal blogs his poems at http://www.shyamalee.blogspot.com/
To start with, we have to decide a good name for our blog. So guys, please come with your suggestions.
And this time, we will include everyone in the family. Not just cousins .
Once we finalise the name for our blog, I will create it in blogger.com and invite everyone to be a team member/administrator. All you need is a gmail account. Then anyone at anytime can post his articles/photos/videos.....anything.
I assume, every one of us spend at least an hour everyday using Internet. If each one of us contribute at least 1 post per month, our group blog will remain active and interesting.
Looking forward to your views and feedback (and BLOG name!)
Love,
Papanna
Dear Papanna,
Good!!!
Names are hard aren't they?
putturcousins is an obvious choice...
we could consider something paradoxical for our times, for example, timbermerchant
or harady
and so on....!!
Ravi
hi papanna:)
Its a great idea..
putturcousins is a good name.. i vote to continu with it..
will think of others too..
love
gayatri
Dear Papanna,
A very good idea, You can add M T Bhat to whatever name you all think up.
Lakshmi akka
Hey Papanna.
This is indeed a good idea!
Since all of us have direct connections with Puttur in one way or another, I think that the name should have 'Puttur' in it. What say, everybody?
Rgds,
Aravinda
As we all have connection with Harady, we can have the name HARADY RELATIVES or something like that
Lakshmi akka
Hi panna,
Great Idea.
I have a few names here.
1. pattanga
2. manematu (suggested by ashwini)
3. pearlsofputtur (suggested by amal) I guess he knew the origin of the word 'Puttur' . Sounds quite nice!!!Deepakka
Dear All,
Muttusofputtur.. Thats the name I thought about.
My father-in-law had told me about the history of Puttur during our temple visit and I find this history very fascinating.
Mamta
Hi all,
Thanks for your reply and suggestion on naming our blog. We will wait for more feedback (many are left to reply) before finalising a name.
Meanwhile, I request everyone to have their first post for the blog ready. It could be anything....article/message/story/pics/videos ....
I think we can make it big - A Web space to share our thoughts or just to keep in touch. And this time, it is not just cousins but anyone from the family. For those who will not be Admin/team member, one of us can post on their behalf. ( For example, I will post recipe of 'dugge kayi palya' as told by my amma). Idea is to reach out to as many family members as possible even if they are not regular Internet users.
Coming back to 'Title' of the blog, we have to make sure blog address (URL) is available. 'Pattanga' (suggested by akka) or 'Chaavadi' (I was thinking about it) is not available. As of now, 'Mane Matu' (by Ashwini), 'Timbermerchant' (by Ravi anna), 'Pearls of Puttur' or 'Muttus of Puttur' (by Amal and Mamta), and obvious choice of 'Puttur cousins' - They are all available.
Keep mailing all your ideas. And name for our blogspot. Or vote for one of the above.
Finally, we will try to launch www.*blogname*.blogspot.com before end of March.
Love,
Papanna
Hi All...
I appreciate the democratic discourse initiated by Papanna....In my view the name suggested by Mamata sounds the best and encompasses all the pearls(or muttus) associated with Puttur. If any suggestion, I would say the word 'of' in "Muttus 'of' Puttur" can be replaced by a Kannada, Tulu or a Haviyak term.
I would wish to contribute to the blog, may be on the culture and history of the region. To start with, I may put some late 19th century or early 20th century photographs of the region collected from web search.
Let these e-mail discussions be also part of the blog.
Best
amal
Papanna, its a great idea.
Blogging is really cool...
When it comes to the name,
I think the one suggested by Mamta is a nice one.
Also I have another name....
As we all know, the outer chavadi of haradi house is a famous place for chatting. So how is the name 'Haradiya Chavadi'?
Or the modified version of 'Muttus of Puttur' as 'Putturina Muttugalu'.
Cheers,
Bhagavan
Hi everyone, very interesting names .
Lakshmi akka
Hi Baggu,
You seem to be really creative.
Both are nice names.
Panna can now go for voting to choose the final name.
Deepakka
hi baggu:)
even i liked the names u suggested...
can go for any of the two names..
love
gayatri
Dear Bhagvan,
Both the names are very nice , I vote for both, but prefer 'Haradiya Chavadi'.
Lakshmi akka
Hi All...
I havent been very regular with my mails....so missed out on what was
happening....
Panna...a real nice idea...and a good way to keep in touch and indulge
in 'pattanga'! (I like this name too :))
My vote goes out for Haradiya Chavadi....With everyone gathering at
Haradi, all the gapshap used to take place at the Chavadi most of the
times...I remember how Ajja used to sit and watch sometimes...with a
smile on his face...and then he would say..."Everyone talks at the
same time..I dont know who is listening"!!!
Love, Suma
Hi,
Just one small correction to my last e-mail. Actually, we can choose any title, even if they already exist. Blog address/ URL has to be unique and should be available.
So, I will create a blog space which will have a short and easy to remember URL (Hope everyone will be happy with the address I chose) . This will be a fixed address and will not be changed.
But the title for the blog can be changed, re-named or can be written not just in any language.
Once I create the blog space, I will send you an invitation to be 'Authors' for this blog. You can write new posts, edit it, comment on others post etc. I can select up to 100 authors. (Good enough).
Thanks for all your feedback. Keep mailing your ideas.
Thanks to Amal who has already told us what is he going to write about. Yes Amal, these e-mail conversations will be a very good post.
I will get back to you guys shortly. Don't forget to keep your first post ready :)
Cheers,
papanna
No comments:
Post a Comment