Thursday, 21 May 2009

Hello

A reminder from the blog administrator has sort of prompted me to write this.My hesitation in
contributing stems from the fact that I'm probably unknown to most of you. Here's my introduction- I'm Soumya, cousin to Suma, Aravind & Gayathri. I'm here thanks to an invitation from Lakshmi (M.Bhat).
This piece of writing will go down in history(!!) as the first post I've ever written and I've been thinking & thinking about something nice to write about. I've only got so far as to realise that it is easier to first put my thoughts into paper and then transfer them on to the computer! In the good old days of snail mail, I used to exchange long letters with my near & dear ones and probably, that's why I'm more comfortable with writing on paper.
The idea of a group blog is a good one. The name 'Chavadi' is good too - it creates an informal ambience. A quick look at the older entries - and, I seem to be the first 'non-MT' person to have contributed (The nice poem before this has been placed by the administrator). All right, someone has to break the ground and phew! I'm through with the 'starting trouble'. I promise to
contribute when I can think of /come across something nice. I think, as far as possible, I will avoid cricket, Bollywood & politics. Regards to all.

2 comments: